Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bouncing ball / Truck motion path

I produced these animations quite a few weeks ago, it just took me awhile to finalise them, changing them a bit here and there. Carrying on from the basic animations, I then had to animate another ball drop, but this time with 2 different weighted balls. It took me awhile to get it how I thought it should look like, this was mainly because I found it hard to be able to concentrate on just the one ball, I wasn't able to make one of them invisible for the time being. I did the best I could and then edited the key points further using the graph editor. (Top image - heavier ball, left. Bottom image - lighter ball, right)






When I first started on Maya I followed a tutorial to make a simple truck, now with this model I then had to animate it along a motion path. Motion paths are quick and easy ways to animate something along a specific route; however the downside to this is that you don't have as much control as with manually animating it. The only problem that I came across with this was the fact that when I first did it my truck ended up going backwards. In the end I was told that all I had to do was change one of the axis within the motion path window.

No comments:

Post a Comment