Saturday, January 21, 2012

Canyon Test

I tested out the animation for the canyon scene previously and found an alternate way for the train to land than I had originally planned. I went back to the same scene to add in the tracks and some basic colour to give it a bit more depth. I also played around with more of the trains landing. When it hits the tracks I previously had it just skid side to side, this worked, however now that I had put the tracks in place I obviously could not have it skid as much or else the wheels would cut into the tracks. To over come this problem I decided to try having the train tilt side to side yet still skid, just not as much. By doing this it adds a bit more action to the train and more characteristic. I think it looks alright for a quick test, I will probably use this in my final animation but just have to modify parts and tighten the movements up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment