Sunday, January 29, 2012

Little and Large Animatic

I've put together an animatic from my storyboard to show the rough timings of each shot and how it will progress from one to another. I have also put some possible sound on top of it to give an idea of what the atmosphere will be like. The main soundtrack I have got from Soundtrack Pro, I like this one as it is quite upbeat and when I first heard it I thought instantly of my train travelling along all happy through the desert.

I am going to source some piston sounds so I can drop that in the background subtlety - most probably from the BBC sound library we have at uni. I also need to find some other tracks as the first track wouldn't fit the whole animation as when the train comes to the canyon, there needs to be a drastic change in tempo and also when it flies over the canyon. For now though, I have just dropped the sound levels and will probably add other sound effects on top to give the piece more suspense and atmosphere. I know at the minute that the animatic is just under 30 seconds which is the minimum the animation has to be, however when it comes to placing cameras and animating them there are some shots that will be longer and I think I will have a few close up of the pistons moving so this will increase the time more.

No comments:

Post a Comment