Friday, January 20, 2012

Train Tracks Final

I tried drawing out the train tracks for myself and modelling from there, yes they looked nice however as I have mentioned before when it came to putting the train along them, the wheels would cut into the tracks. It may look like a simple curve, however when you think about it Brio must have been so precise in their measurements to get a 6 wheeled vehicle to move round it with no problems. Because of this I will have to model from images I can find of Brio tracks from the internet, like the one below.





I modelled from the brio images and it was a lot easier for the train to go round it. There are some parts where the wheel cuts in but I don't think there is much I can do about it, hopefully if I place the camera in the right places and don't do too many close ups of the wheels and tracks it shouldn't be noticeable at all. With the basic shapes I can then duplicate it several times to create the layout of the tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment