Friday, March 16, 2012

Spaceship Development

Carrying on from my quick photoshop colour of my spaceship I decided to mock it up in Maya as I find it easier to gauge depth using a 3D modelling software rather than trying to imagine it and draw it out. At the moment it is just in smooth view and I think it looks quite sleek and with textures on top it could look really futuristic. Obviously with making it smooth, it would increase the polys quite a bit so I will have to be aware of this as I would have the big mushroom cluster, and the inside of it to complete my scene. I will now go in and paint this on Photoshop and I now have a much clearer idea of what the spaceship looks like from different angles. I want to keep the design quite simple, nothing too elaborate as I want the attention to be on the surrounding area - the mushroom cluster rather than the spaceship itself.



Just using the perspective view as a basis, I painted over using different layers, first blocking out the main colour and tones. The top image is just the basic black and white colour and from here I added a texture and a colour tint. It still needs a lot of work and experimenting with different colours and possible textures before I can settle on a final idea. I'm not the best at using Photoshop so I'll just have to do the best I can and see what I can come up with. The black and white one is okay but the textured one needs a bit of work with the tones.



No comments:

Post a Comment