Monday, March 12, 2012

Spaceship Design

The spaceship even though I haven't talked much about is so far, is actually a big part of my scene. The brief was to create a UFO crash site, so without the spaceship it won't be fulfilled. As it has crashed landed on an alien planet I want something that is really distinctive and futuristic to contrast against the organic forms of the mushrooms and also as it is set in the far future, only something futuristic would fit.

The moodboard shows some images/concepts I have found online. I have out off designing the ship until now as I really have no ideas what I am going to do or how to go about designing one. I want to keep it fairy simple as well as most of my polys will be used up creating the actual forest/environment.



Just some quick sketches of spaceship designs which I then took one idea further and created a simple silhouette of the top view and a 3/4 view then added some basic colour on top. I will get onto creating a proper scale drawing soon and develop more on the colours but for now this is the one I think I will go for.



No comments:

Post a Comment