Monday, March 26, 2012

Concept Art

In the end I took an idea I briefly drew up and developed from there, a mushroom cluster based on a bonsai tree. I liked how I could incorporate many different stems that grew off the main root and this was quite similar to the properties of a bonsai tree.

These are the final concepts for my game level, once I had it all laid out in Unity I had a better idea of perspective and scale so I was then able to produce this piece within Photoshop. The spaceship in the bottom right hand corner gives a rough idea of the scale of the whole piece and how big you would be as the player. When it comes to texturing the mushroom and the whole level I am going to try and stick by these colours, however I know there will probably need some alterations when it comes to the final thing. I may also change the colour of the mountains as this at the moment doesn't look too much like an alien planet, however it could work better when the lights and textures are in place. The scene itself is going to be around evening time in order to emphasize the glow of the mushroom, it will also add to the mood and atmosphere as to why there is a giant mushroom and if anyone or anything inhabits this place.

Originally I planned for my spaceship to have crash landed on a platform, however I found that this was too artificial and didn't fit in too well; like why would there conveniently be stepping stones leading towards the little island right where you have landed upon? To make it seem a bit more natural I thought it would be best to have the spaceship crash land in water, so the bottom concept art shows this.





No comments:

Post a Comment