Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Contacting Professionals

I have recently been trying to contact professionals to get feedback on my work and also any advice they might have for me to improve my work. I emailed the lead animator for Kinectimals, Nick Rodgers who I saw at BAF Game back in November. He was actually really helpful and gave me a lot of feedback on what I did well and the things I could improve on. I found that this also gave me a lot of motivation to really want to pursue a career in animation and do the best that I can do in my studies. It gave me confidence in the animation that I have produced and I am really happy to know that what I am doing is turning out okay.


Using Twitter is a quick and easy way to try and contact other people and I have been beginning to use it more and more recently. I have found a few people and tried to contact them about their work and the main reply I got was from Phillip Dickenson who works as a concept artist. I find it really useful to try and get tips from professionals as they are people who are currently working in the industry, so they know what is needed to succeed. Contacting professionals is a good way to get an insight at how they create their work. It's one thing to learn from a book, it's another thing to get first hand experience in the matter.



I am going to carry on trying to contact different people and maybe some companies to gain more knowledge within the industry. I will also try and get myself to more events and conferences when they appear to try and get contacts through networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment