Sunday, March 4, 2012

Back Story

Below is the backstory to my environment. Without a backstory there is no purpose to the specific objects or any character that you decide to include in your environment. It gives an outline to why the gamer is in that situation and gives a story to how the inhabitants of that planet arrived there in the first place. With this in place it also solidifies my idea more and now I can really push ahead with the concept art and development work to come up with my final designs. I will keep referring back to this as this is my basic outline to what I should be achieving. I need to design a village that looks part of nature itself, something that would blend in with the surrounding area. I also need to design a futuristic spaceship as this would contrast greatly against the village and show the differences between the two. 

What I haven't mentioned is the year that this is set in, as this is vastly set in the future something like 5045, won't do it, that and it doesn't sound right, it doesn't sound appealing. Something like X847 could work, the beginning letter depicting what millennium it is, 26 letters in the alphabet so it would really be 24847 - it shortens down the year as well. I think I will go for this and have my game set in the year X847.


No comments:

Post a Comment