Friday, March 9, 2012

Colours

I have recently been watching an anime, Fairy Tail and there was a world that came up, 'Elodas'. I found it interesting how colours can really affect the scene, by changing them to purples, pinks, different tones of greens you immediately can see it is a different world. This is something I need to experiment with as I don't just want to rely on the actual concept of a mushroom forest as the thing that distinguishes that it is an alien planet; I want the colours to also convey this meaning.

We got introduced to a website, Kuler which is a colour generator that can produce colour themes that consist of 5 different colours. It enables you to pick a starting colour and it generate complimentary colours, monochromatic, triad, shades and compounds, you can then use the RGB values given and transfer this into Photoshop for example. You can also upload an image of your own and find out the colours that are included within it, the image below for example is made up of 3 types of purples, cream and orange. It's a really useful tool to find out what colours work together and using those within your own work. I will definitely be using this from now on as it will be much easier to find out what colours work best together and with a starting colour of say blue, I can then try and different combinations to see what's best.




No comments:

Post a Comment