Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dragon and Animal Influences

When beginning to come up with how my dragon will look like, I complied a couple of moodboards to gather inspiration. I've looked into not only dragons, but other animated animals, a long with real life animals. I've noted down what I'm looking for and it will just be about trying to find a happy medium between them all. I am aware that my rigging and weight painting skills are not highly advanced, so wanting to create a character that is very much round and not much of a neck will be a challenge. Hopefully I can achieve this as I feel that having a 'line' that goes from the head to the tail will draw the eye across and gives it somewhat of an appeal in terms of design. Soft and round edges are more appealing and inviting than harsh lines.

The dragon is a juvenile, and as there is no dialogue in my animation, it needs to be obvious that he is of a young age in terms of design. Proportion can play a bit part in determining an animals age, normally a young animal would have larger and rounder heads, with bigger eyes, than that of an adult. There is a lot to consider with the design, so a character sheet will help solidify his personality and goals which will ultimately help the designing stage.



No comments:

Post a Comment