Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Character Sheet

To get a better understanding of my character, I created a character sheet. It's helped myself flush out my character more and get to grips with his personality and specific traits. Character sheets can help come up with a more informed design for the character, but it can also greatly aid animation. As an animator I breathe life into any character, but before I do that I need to understand their goals, motivations, personalities. No person would do something without thinking about it first, unless you were impulsive, but that in itself is a character trait. Gestures can reflect a personality or how a character is feeling. It's all linked in together with performance. I've learnt a fair bit on performance during the previous module, but I'm planning to go back and revisit and expand my knowledge on the subject. Hopefully I can bring this into my animation and be able to portray my dragon's personality through his movements, emotions and gestures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment