Sunday, February 5, 2012

Monster and Dumpling


Monster and Dumpling from JiHwan Jung on Vimeo.

Awhile ago I came across an animation "Out of Sight" and when I found this animation, Monster and Dumpling I was intrigued to see how a similar subject was portrayed by different people. Both revolve around a blind character however the storyline for each differs quite dramatically. This one is really quite compassionate and make you feel for not only the blind character, but the monster as well. In order to be really engrossed into something there has to be some emotional connection between you and the character. You have to be able to empathize with them which in turn makes it more believable.

The animation isn't the best in which I have come across, but I find that it is the story that makes it. Also I like the consideration of the colours that have been used. It's not too realistic but it fits in with the style of the piece. I really like how the light changes through the animation as well, as it goes from day to evening, the sky itself gradually gets quite beautiful. It blends in with the rest of the scenery, and as the day progresses, more colours are introduced and merge with one another to mimic a real sunset. All in all it's the narrative which I enjoy the most from this animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment