Thursday, February 9, 2012

Final Animation - Little and Large

So here it is, my first CGI animation. It's taken a good couple of months to get it all together from modelling to the final render and I have come across many problems on the way, but from this I hopefully should learn from this and not do it again in the future.

For saying it's my first animation that I have really ever done, I am happy with how it has turned out. Obviously being the one who has created it, it will never be perfect in my eyes and I will always be able to pick out faults and want to improve on it over and over again. I do know that there are a few issues that I may sort out in the near future. The lighting I think I definitely need to improve on and experiment a bit more with shadows and colours. In parts of the animation I do know that there could have done with some extra light here and there and I will probably go back and put these in after the deadline.

I concentrated far more on the animation side as that is what I really want to get into, but I realise that I do need to know all the basics and have an understanding of modelling, texturing, lighting etc. Animation wise, I am quite happy with what I produced, in my mind though I did want to create all these elaborate movements however it's just not possible at this stage, once I know how to rig then that will be the time to expand more with the animation.

I've taken a lot from this module, learning brand new skills and software and I think I picked it up pretty fast, even though I did make a fair few mistakes (especially when it came to rendering). I now know that when it comes to rendering I have to be REALLY organised with knowing what I've rendered and double checking the scene before I click render. Several times I've rendered a scene and forgot to turn on certain components so these were invisible which is not what I wanted. Luckily I started rendering early enough so I've had the leeway to make silly mistakes like these.

It's been a really good module and I'm definitely looking forward to when I can animate again and to also improve my modelling skills along with the other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment