Thursday, February 9, 2012

Background / Sound - Little and Large

I decided to create a background for my animation, just a simple sky to fit in with the rest of the scenery. I mentioned before I might try adding a few clouds in, instead I tried creating a blue gradient for the sky and ended up lightening different areas of it. The lightening ended up mimicking clouds quite well and I thought it would fit in nicely with my scene.




When it came to dropping the background in, I re-sized and also colour corrected it a bit as I found that it was a bit too light. I bumped up the contrast and lowered the brightness until I managed to get it working well with the surrounding environment. Even though I did this, I found that it was easier to colour correct it further in Final Cut Pro. I was able to lighten the blacks out so they weren't too dark. Within Final Cut, I also added my sound in which included a soundtrack and different sound effects. I struggled with this a fair bit as the soundtrack I had wasn't long enough for my whole animation and I had to cut it up in certain places for it to fit. Sarah ended up helping me out with this in the end we got it sounding much better than I originally had it. By adjusting the levels in certain places and overlapping sounds, the cuts in the music aren't too noticeable and I'm happy with how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment