Friday, February 24, 2012

UFO Idea

I was originally looking at the fairytale idea, however I began to think about the UFO option more and more and thought I should explore this one too, just so I can see if I can gain anything more from it. I have been watching a lot of Star Wars: The Clone Wars recently and I guess this was the push towards the UFO idea. The outcome is to be based around a crashed UFO site or Area 51 for example, however I think if I was to do this one, I would quite like to make it an alien planet where a spaceship has crash landed. To explore this further I have created a few moodboards on different films, their concept art and nature images. To me when I think of an alien planet I imagine overgrown plants and trees which would in turn make it somewhat creepy and mysterious, that's why the moodboards I have created have a lot of these ideas.



I grabbed several images from Disney movies as they hold some of the qualities I am looking for. With 'Atlantis: The Lost Empire' there are a lot of ruins, the whole place is really old but still quite elegant. It's not really an alien planet, however there is no reason why you could not interpret in that way, it is a separate world almost. The other 3 movies I took for the overgrown trees and plants, however with 'The Little Mermaid' I liked the look of the building underwater and the organic life. All these are quite fictional yet drawn inspiration from real life objects, the next thing I will look at will be 'Star Wars', both the live action and the animated series, comparing them against one another through their environments.



Above is a list of some films, animations and games I could look into for research, looking at each of their environments. I also did some rough drawings of possible different environments where the spaceship has crash landed. These are only to get across my ideas, nothing is set in stone yet, most likely things will change with development work.


No comments:

Post a Comment