Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Essay Title / Research

As part of the Context of Practice 1 module, we have to write an essay on a chosen title that we are given. 'Do Trans-media narratives mean the death of traditional media? How is digital technology challenging traditional media?' is the title that I chose. I chose it because I knew I would be able to find enough sources to back up my essay, but also because I find trans-media quite interesting and this would be a good way of expanding my knowledge of the subject.

With the chosen essay title, I then produced a mind-map to see what areas I could expand on and this would then help me to find relevant sources. I have began to get books out from the library and pick out relevant ideas and quotes which I may find helpful and note them down in a Word Document. I have also looked at internet sources through Google Scholar and have found someone called Henry Jenkins, a media scholar. Through his blog I have found some really useful articles on trans-media so I will definitely have to pick out key ideas from there.

The essay itself is to be only 1,500 words so really that's not a lot of words so I will have to plan out what I'm going to say where and give a guideline to how many words I will allow myself for each section.

No comments:

Post a Comment