Sunday, February 5, 2012

Camera Test

This is a test to how my animation will look with the cameras in place. As it has to be a multi-camera shot, the camera has to cut to different perspectives. We can get away with using just the one camera and cutting at certain points, with this it is the easiest when wanting to render out and putting the animation together.

With cameras, it is just basically animating an object, so there isn't much problem with it. When going from one shot to another I had to remember to key select all the attributes again so there wouldn't be the action between shots where you would see the camera move. I did try this, however I found that I wasn't able to achieve what I wanted, the result ended up being quite jumpy and just didn't quite work. I think this was due to the fact that the animation was already put in place and I hadn't allowed for extra frames inbetween to add in camera shots. The train kept on moving so when I jump cut the next shot it was too fast and the position of the train had changed noticeably.

I have a variety of shots from close ups to long shots and the camera zooming out to show the surrounding area. There needs to be a range of shots otherwise it can become predictable and it might not give the same effect that you want to achieve. The footage below shows the basics in what I am trying to achieve. Only 6 seconds is rendered at the moment, so the rest I produced a playblast to show the whole animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment