Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tree house

Another option I think I might explore is a tree house with connecting bridges to other 'mushroom trees'. This is quite similar to Star Wars, the Ewok's village was up in the trees. If I created something like this, it may have a better back story to it as well. The game level itself would consist of you being able to walk around a small part of this village. When looking for different ideas of tree houses, I remembered that in Tarzan they had built their own home up in the trees themselves. This was mainly all in one tree, however there were different sections and a bridge in order to get down from the tree itself. What's quite interesting about this is that Disneyland actually recreated this tree house in their theme parks. I remember going there and it gives you a real insist to what it would have been like and contained a lot of details within it.

If I created an inside I would have to ensure it was aesthetically pleasing and just generally interesting, keeping in theme with the surrounding area and the actual backstory. For this module we have been given a poly count of around 100,000 so I will have to bear this in mind, trying not to create something that is overcomplicated and that involves a lot of polys.



These 2 images are just quick ideas I drew up of my mushroom forest. To the right I have a cluster forming, the mushrooms at different stages of their lives. The blues and greens I have used give off a completely different feel to the other image. It feels more alien and eerie, probably something that would seem less approachable. The image below I wanted to try other colours and also show an idea of a community living up within the trees. I will most likely expand on this idea further adding in more details and actual housing places.

I really need to come to a decision on who my target audience will be as this will determine what sort of colours I shall be using, I have a rough idea for the backstory I just need to pin it down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment