Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shooby Shooby Do Yah!


Shooby Shooby Do Yah! from Czarek Kwaśny on Vimeo.

I came across this animation on Vimeo and it really fits in well with what I'm creating at the moment. It takes a train and really animates it in certain ways to give it personality and life. It bobs up and down along to the music as it travels on its journey and when it slows down the whole train squashes together to show this action. In essence these are just principles of animation, but it's how you carry them out, they still have to be executed well and make sense for why you are doing them.

The colours that have been used throughout aren't anything extravagant and they have been kept quite simple yet vibrant. However when you look at it, you notice there are different tones to each colour, it's quite effective as it adds more depth not only to the train but the scenery around it. I really like how the train moves along, things grow with it which actually is along the lines of what this animation is about. It is about personal growth and how we gather experience, personality, ideas and make decisions. A more indepth look into it is HERE. My animation doesn't have a real in-depth meaning like this one, however in the future I would definitely want to create something of my own accord that I feel strongly about.

This animation has also given me better ideas for camera shots, even though I am mainly following my storyboard, I have added and altered a few of the original frames. Mainly because I thought some extra things needed to be added and at the time one shot didn't work as well as another. I have found that panning the camera to follow the train quite successful and I like the way it has turned out. In this animation it works really well too, there is a lot of it but I don't feel that it is too much or too overused as they have altered the position of the camera slightly for several shots. It is still following the train, just from a different angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment