Saturday, February 4, 2012

Knick Knack


knick knack from aplady on Vimeo.

Another animation that worked with simple colours was Knick Knack by Pixar. Now this was creating in 1989 so that could be a reason for the basic colours, however saying that when you look at each of the characters, you can tell that they are made from plastic so surely the block colours would suit them more and portray plastic far better. 

The background however, consists of different colours just to make it more interesting and to possibly break up the space. I think I will have to experiment with putting some clouds in the background of my scene, however I have to remember that it is in a desert and it's meant to be really sunny. I have to be able to keep it within that theme and atmosphere or else it will deter away from the original idea.

When looking at the animation for each individual character, they have simple movements to coincide with their actual design and anatomy. Nothing too drastic otherwise it would take away the believability of it all. I had thought about making my cacti in my animation move up and down to the music as the train passes it, when looking at Knick Knack they have similar movements so I could use this as reference. Due to time constraints however I will have to see whether or not I get round to doing this, if not before the deadline, I will definitely return to it to add in the extra movements to see what impact it could have. Obviously it would add more characterization, however it may not necessarily work as it may be too much, possibly distracting? but I guess I will only know if I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment