Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Issues with animation

I'm progressing with my animation, however I know that it won't all be completed on time for submission next week. I'm going to try and get the most important shots done, polished off and hopefully rendered out. These will be the shots that will shows the most diversity and storytelling. I've struggled a lot with some of the scenes I set out to do, the one that really caused myself problems was the walk through the forest where the man is meant to be sad and defeated. I took reference of myself walking, however I just couldn't seem to get the motion and weight right. I'll work on it some more and hopefully be able to fix it or get it to a standard that I'm okay with.

I think what would have been beneficial for myself, would have been to get accustomed to the rigs before hand. I found that I was learning a lot about the rig as I went and it would have been better to use a rig that I was more used to. The Malcolm rig would have ideal to use as I have used it for previous work and find it really flexible and have a lot more control over it than Morpheus. The reason for using Morpheus was that it was easier to customise and change the appearance in order to make it my own character.

Initially I had planned for my animation to be around a minute, but after putting together the blocked out shots, it ended up being about 1:40. I'm not sure why it extended by so much, the lip sync may have been longer than anticipated and some shots may have been slowed down once I went about animating it properly. I did cut out a few shots that I found were unnecessary and didn't add to the story, however I forgot about other shots, which ended up bringing the total to around 21 shots. I think I've been a bit overwhelmed with this project and may have bit off more than I can choose. I'm going to try and get as much animation as I can do as possible, polishing and rendering out the most important shots. I will need to leave some time before the deadline to gather some sound effects to add in as this will just help move the whole animation along better.

No comments:

Post a Comment