Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Exaggerated Performance

This animation is an example of an exaggerated performance. It really fits the style and tone of the piece and you can really see and feel the emotions of the character. In animation, you are always told to push your poses and put more exaggeration into it, obviously it depends on the scene itself and the characters you are using. For the animation below, it works, however if I tried to transfer this into my own animation I think it would be a bit too much. As the animation is really stylised and cartoony it makes sense to have an over the top performance. I really do love the whole shot, the performance flows from one pose to another fluidly and the whole dynamic is really powerful.

I would like to do something like this but I don't think it would be appropriate and wouldn't fit too well, as even though my animation is stylised, it's not cartoony enough to pull off the whole exaggerated performance. That doesn't mean however that I can't still push poses and get the extremes, it just won't be as much as the animation below. I've never really pushed my poses far enough before so it will be a new challenge for myself, as I have to make sure that the poses I create will be believable and fit in with the rest of the performance and the story itself.


Muffin Jack & Jeremy - Acting test from Salesman Pete on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment