Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Animation Showreel 2013

I created a new showreel a few weeks back to include some more recent work. I've improved my animation skills a lot since my last showreel, so I thought it would be best to update it. I included my entry to 11 Second Club and also a weighted animation, along with scenes from the VFX module. I think it shows a range of animation skills but also shows my improvement over the course of 4 months. I showed this at the last All Animated meeting and got some nice feedback from it and it was nice to hear that other people thought I had improved a lot too. Keeping your showreel up to date is always a crucial thing, skills can easily be improved and new work produced, you just have to make sure that what you put in your showreel is the work you are most proud and confident about. If there is ever any doubt in your mind about a piece of work, don't put it in. When it comes to show your showreel to other people you need to be able to explain your work and your love of what you do needs to come through this.


Animation Showreel 2013 from Siobhan Parkhouse on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment