Sunday, May 19, 2013

Clothing for Characters

I had some spare time in between animating so I thought I would produce some quick textures for my characters. They're not great in all honesty, but it's what I could do in the short amount of time I had. Ideally I would have liked to have spent longer on the clothes but what I have done is better than the default and the orange jumpsuit test texture. I think I'll go back to this after I've handed in the module and adapt them somewhat, adding in extra details and personalising them some more. I went off my storyboards I created back at the start of the module and created something similar along the lines of 1900's style.

What I found is that it's really easy to add on geometry to Morpheus and for it to also add on the skin weights to the geo. For the woman, I created a basic skirt and all I had to do was select the geometry and the middle control of her, then click a button. Morpheus comes with a lot of scripts and these are what made it so easy to add on the geo. I tested it and it also allowed movement with the rig underneath, this in itself makes morpheus really adaptable and myself as an animator wont need to go through the whole painting weights issue for the clothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment