Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Competition Result - 11 Second Club

The voting took place for 11 Second Club and I ended up coming 114th out of 267 entries. I would have been really pleased with myself if I managed to get into the top 100, but for my first attempt I think I did alright. I managed to place in the top half of the entries, which looking at it in that way makes me feel good about what I put out. One of the comments I got from my animation, was that I need to push the poses more. I've never really done this and it's definitely something I can attempt in my next animation. Any pose that you think you've created, it can always be pushed more, that's something I took from an animation analysis by Joe Bowers.

I was really worried to begin with about entering the competition as I felt I wasn't ready and didn't think I could manage lip syncing and performance. I had never really done either before and was scared of being dropped in the deep end. I did come across a few issues with performance and not being able to get the poses that I wanted, and also when it came to polishing I found this a lot harder. I was using a much more complex rig that I was previously used to so this pushed me further, but also got myself used to working with an industry standard rig. It was great being able to have full control over everything and the rig working in the way that I wanted it to.

I think I will be definitely entering future months of 11 Second Club, probably over summer as I will have the most time then. I can see the benefit of doing this as it has improved my skills and pushed me further than I could have anticipated. The higher placing entries are always polished to a high standard and rendered out to a high quality, it will take me a long time to get to this stage, but it's something to aim for.

No comments:

Post a Comment