Saturday, April 20, 2013

Story for responsive brief

The story that I have chosen to base my animation on is called "Ask a fox for its skin". It's a Chinese fable based around a man having to go out and find a fox coat for his wife. I chose this because the story itself gave a good grounding for me to expand upon with performance and animation, I was also drawn to the fact that it included both biped and quadruped characters. I know I have only just started lip syncing but I think trying to do that with an animal will be quite interesting, as it will have to be a believable performance and feel natural to that character.

I'm going to adapt the story that I have chosen to best fit it being an animation, I will need to write up a script and produce storyboards and an animatic before I can begin working on the assets and animation. The original story is quite limited in what it describes, so this gives me a good chance to change some areas and also think about how it can be told through animation. I know that I will need to look more into camera movements and overall composition of shots, as this in itself can easily change the meaning of a shot. Where things are positioned and what objects are in focus will determine where the viewers eye will be and where you want to lead them next.

I was in the process of writing up a script, however when I started drafting out some story boards, I found that I got new ideas and this in turn changed the script, I will have to go back and revise this. Also with having the crit yesterday, I feel more inclined to go back to it and edit quite a lot of it out, in particular the dialogue, as the majority of it isn't needed and instead I can come up with creative ways of getting across the message using actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment