Monday, October 15, 2012

UV Mapping Alien

This year UV mapping is slightly different as we are now unwrapping a full biped character. It's pretty much the same process as what we learnt last year and using the same tools, the only major difference is learning how to unwrap the head and using a tool called 'select shell border'. For the head you just have to take into account of the mouth pocket created, this should be unwrapped separately which would leave the head to be unwrapped normally. 'Select shell border' tool allows you to expand the edges of a projection you have taken; e.g I took a planar map from the top of the foot, after separating the top from the bottom using 'select shell border' on each this allows you to see and easily paint for the edges of the foot.

I have just done a really simple texture on my alien just to show that the UV mapping I have done is correct, I think there still needs some fine tuning e.g lining up the texture perfectly around the seam but I will definitely make sure this is done when it comes to our final characters.








No comments:

Post a Comment