Monday, October 8, 2012

Developing Skills

To try and develop my skills further I want to try out and get to grips with using Mudbox by Autodesk, a 3D digital sculpting and painting software. I've had a brief look at it before however I never took the time to get into it and I didn't really know where to start. I've heard pretty good things about it and the results are quite stunning, you can achieve a high level of detail and is compatible with other Autodesk software such as Maya and 3ds Max. I think Mudbox could really improve my texturing skills as you are able to add normal maps and paint on your actual model using stencils or freehand. 

I think I will try and get to grips with Mudbox as best as I can so when it comes to our own personal project near the end of the year I can create a character within it from which I can then animate. I'm hoping that by using Mudbox I can achieve a more professional looking model and widen my knowledge with 3D modelling and sculpting.

No comments:

Post a Comment