Thursday, October 4, 2012

Alien Model

As part of of Game Art & Machinima module we are all building the same character and from this learning how to rig it before moving on to making our own characters for our cinematic. Using image planes already provided for us I began to model the alien using them as a guide. Over summer I had previously modeled a bi-ped character, however I didn't fully understand the topology so in some areas the mesh wasn't as clean as I would have hoped. Now with a better understanding of it I was able to execute the model to a standard that I was more happy with. To make it easier for myself and to make sure everything was symmetrical, I firstly modeled half and then mirror the geometry. The screenshots below are just in smooth preview, it's best to smooth it last as it is easier when it comes to UV mapping. I think the alien has turned out okay, however the mouth needs sorting out as when I mirror it, the geometry seals itself up leaving no gap. Apart from that it seems okay just might have to make some minor adjustments here and there.



No comments:

Post a Comment