Monday, October 15, 2012

Moustache Man

After writing up a couple of character sheets the next stage is to produce some drawings that are based off these. I want to improve my drawing skills a bit more so I wanted to contribute to the concept part of the brief. I had a rough idea of how the boss man should look so I started sketching out a few ideas, concentrating more on face shapes as his moustache is the main focal point. I tired out a range of different shapes to see what would best compliment his overgrown facial hair. Passing it on to the rest of my group for feedback I have managed to come up with a possible final idea for his face (it still may need tweaking), but I think I will take it into Maya and block it out to get an idea of volume and how it will be in a 3D space.

We have also decided on his body shape being almost like an upside down triangle, he is very well built on top but has short legs which can give him an almost comical look as you would expect him to be quite tall in comparison. Below the drawings you can see a quick model of this character in I did in Maya. At the moment it is just in smooth preview, it may not be this smooth when it comes to making the final one as it would bump up the polygon count quite a bit. His hair and facial hair may need to be modeled separately but I will have to find this out, at the moment I have just extruded out specific faces to create them. I will pass these on to Lija so she can get a better idea of proportion and how he will look from different perspectives.





No comments:

Post a Comment