Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sound Design

Along with the film score I gathered together a range of sound effects which I then brought together within Final Cut to time it against my footage. By adding other sound effects it really gives the film more depth and will add to the realism. I spent awhile trying to find sounds that would fit my style and mood of my film and in some areas I found it quite hard but I managed with what I had. All the sounds I obtained are royalty free and mostly from Soundtrack Pro. Compared to my previous works this film has a lot more sound design than others and after doing this I can really see the benefits of it. Each object should really have a sound that goes with it, even if it's very subtle. The viewer can pick up on sounds not being there and it can break the emersion on screen. I made sure that my film score was the main bulk of my sound, and all the other sound effects were lowered down in comparison to it. Music really drives the performance and helps the film along so it's one of the key features that can't be rushed.


No comments:

Post a Comment