Monday, April 23, 2012

Inside of Mushroom Tree

After testing out the size and textures within Unity, I found that just having the outside of the mushroom tree was not enough so I decided to go back to my original idea and create an inside. As I had already created the outside of my mushroom without planning to create an inside, I had just built a shell however what I should have done (and will know this for future) for everything to line up correctly, is extrude out the outside and inside from the same cylinder. As I didn't do this I had to line up everything by hand and it took a while and a lot of adjusting before I got it the best that I could. By adding an inside it also adds more to the story of my level and there is more to explore within the area that I have created.

I tried to keep the items seem quite organic to blend in with the whole mushroom style by how I would model and texture. The colours themselves I tried to make sure that they complimented each other yet also have a range so that there wasn't the same being shown throughout. Even though my poly count was really low with just the main mushroom, I still tried to keep all the objects low poly and simple meshes so it would be easier to UV map.




No comments:

Post a Comment