Thursday, April 5, 2012

Final Mushroom

So I have now built my mushroom cluster in Maya for the final version. The shape remains quite similar to my test, however now it is more refined and I have also been able to reduce the poly-count by quite a bit. Previously on my test the whole cluster came to around 2000 polys, yet now even with stairs including it is only 1430. I deleted any unnecessary edges once I had the desired shape and this reduced the polys more. By keeping the geometry neat and tidy it makes UV mapping a lot easier and easier to adjust if needs be.

It took me awhile to get the steps in the right place as I have to go back an forth between Maya and Unity in order to see if it would work when playing or not. I also had to move around the mushrooms from their original place so that the steps would reach them. When it goes into Unity I will put an invisible asset over the stairs so it should enable the player to walk over them without having to jump every step, as this would get tedious and annoying after awhile. I think I may also do the same around the whole mushroom to stop the player from falling down as if you only got halfway it would be also be annoying if you had to go all the way back up again.


No comments:

Post a Comment