Sunday, December 4, 2011

John Carter



One of the directors from Pixar, Andrew Stanton has been working on a live action film. I think it will be really interesting to see how he can translate his style from animation to live action. John Carter is based on a classic novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, the creator of Tarzan.

"Stanton admitted that directing 'John Carter' was like making two films in one. Firstly, he had to shoot the live-action section then "make an animated movie" with the special effects, which amounted to more digital shots than we normally see in a Pixar movie. Throughout the process of making this movie, Stanton said that he's known star Kitsch from the ages of 27 to 30."

This goes to show that even working away from Pixar the film process still takes just as long. The visual effects are really quite something from what I have seen so far, however the storyline has to be just as good to make the whole thing work. I myself am far more interested in animated features than live action, when I think about my favourite films they tend to be animations. I will however be going to see this when it comes out as Andrew Stanton is well known for creating really well executed films. I think what also will be interesting is to see the response between 'John Carter' and 'Brave' as even though only 'Brave' is Pixar, both are under the Disney franchise; and also both are coming out next year within a few months of each other, March and June.

No comments:

Post a Comment