Friday, November 25, 2011

Final Video



This is the final video for my 1 minute instructional video brief. I am quite pleased with how it turned out, with a lot of editing I managed to produce something that I am proud of for my first video. After watching it back there are a few things I have learned through creating it. There are shots where I could have zoomed out more to show a greater scene and not have all the shots at the same close up. I filmed this all myself and I realised it would have been a lot easier if I had someone else to help me. I would have been able to see what I was filming better and not needed to re-shoot as much. There are small parts where I could have moved things out of the shot to improve the overall look. For example I got the bin in the reflection of the microwave, in film the art director would normally position objects and work out what looks best where. The next time I produce a video I will have to pay extra attention to these things so I can improve on what I have done this time.

In my crit I was questioned to why there wasn't any sound in my video e.g. sound from pans, bowls, microwave etc. I explained that as my kitchen was too echoey the sound would not have come out really well, especially as the cameras we used could not have an external mic attached to it. I could of however created some foley sounds down in the sound booth - so this could be an option to try out next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment