Thursday, February 27, 2014

Apple Tree Designs

Compared to my other trees, the apple tree is quite a main focus within my animation. Because of this, I had to make sure that it was more detailed than the trees in the background and would be believable within its setting. It's a much larger tree than the others and has a slightly different design in order to stand out from the rest. It needed to be grand in terms of scale and in looks. I looked at real world apple trees to get a basic understand and I found out that the leaves and branches would spread out from the trunk quite a vast amount, as seen below.



As my piece is stylised in terms of design, I didn't want to fully replicate an apple tree, instead I took the idea of the leaves and branches spreading out from the trunk and used this in my design. To make it more interesting and organic I didn't want just a straight regular trunk, instead I curved it round which can make it more appealing. In Lilo and Stitch, all the designs are very rounded with hardly any sharp edges, this makes the characters more appealing as curved lines are more inviting that harsh straight ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment