Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Two Camera Setup - iPiSoft

For the past few tests that I have undertaken, I have just used a single Kinect camera. This is fine for recording performances from the front that will not really have any actions that will disappear from the cameras view. I decided to try out a two Kinect setup, where each Kinect is placed at around 60 degrees between each other. Because there are two cameras, a calibration process needed to take place in order to determine where both cameras would sit in 3D space. I held up a piece of cardboard and moved this from one camera to another whilst stood in the same place. After this I was then free to record my performance and take the data into mocap studios. The calibration video needed to be opened up into mocap studios and for it to calibrate based on 3D plane. By saving this file it would then use this as a reference when opening up the main motion capture data file.


Below are two videos showing the raw data and the cleanup. I found that with two cameras it had stabilised the feet more, however it didn't capture the movement of the left arm very well. This could have been down to the calibration setup and I will need to check this before I go on to creating my final animation. Even the raw data is quite accurate, more than what a single camera setup would give me. For the cleanup I had to put in the movements for the left arm myself as this was not captured, I also corrected the feet and spine. The rigged model I've been using is my own that I managed to fix from my previous attempt. It still needs some more adjusting but it's given me a decent result this time round.



No comments:

Post a Comment