Thursday, October 24, 2013

Animator? I Think so

PPP3 this year is all about preparing ourselves for when we graduate. We need to be ready for life after uni and where we see ourselves being in the future. For a very long time now I've known that I've always wanted to be an animator and I've never strayed from that path, if anything these past 3 years have made me even more certain about wanting to succeed in this profession and knowing for certain that an animator is who I want to be. As I've known for a while now, I've been slowly gathering my own database of websites and communities where I can publish my work and get feedback, whilst also meeting new people in my creative field, such as:
  • 11 Second Club 
  • ShowMeTheAnimation.com 
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr
  • YouAnimator
  • IdeasTap
I've also got a lot of useful links on finding jobs, where a lot of cg studios are and how to best tailor showreels but I'll go into more detail with that in another blog post. There's not a lot of time this year so every minute has to count. It's going to be exciting but also scary stepping out into the world of work but I can't wait for it! Hopefully everything that I've been doing over the past few years will help me a lot; all I can do now is to just keep going with it and animate as much as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment