Thursday, May 10, 2012

Final Game Level

Now that my final game level is completed, I can look back on my original proposal to see if I have managed to meet the criteria I had set myself - Scenography Proposal. I tried my best to stick to what I had originally said, however there are a few things that when I look back, aren't exactly correct. Due to the playing area being 100mx100m the distance between the spaceship and the mushroom tree is actually quite close. Ideally I would have liked there to be more of a distance as this would create more mystery and the player would feel more inclined to explore the area.

What I did manage to keep up throughout the project is keeping all my assets looking quite organic and primitive, this was crucial as this gave a sense to how the aliens lived and what kind of species they were. If someone was to not read the scenography brief, then they need to get a good idea of the story with just the atmosphere and assets within the scene. There are things that I would like to change / work on if I had more time such as create more animations using the IK Splines. Another thing would be to find out how to offset the animation of each mushroom as right now they play altogether with no difference. With the glow script I just realised that the bump maps don't show up anymore, no matter how high you put it they just don't seem to appear, I would have really liked to fix this as it adds more depth to my assets but this is something I would have to look into in the future. Overall however I am pleased with what I have created but there still needs to be improvements in different areas.

Unity Web Player | Web_Version_Mushroom_Planet
Unity Web Player | Web_Version_Mushroom_Planet

No comments:

Post a Comment