Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Starting Again

So I decided to completely start again with my character as I felt I had made too many mistakes and now I knew what I was doing wrong; I would be able to create a new character with a cleaner mesh and have a better idea of what to do.

As you can see I have progressed a lot further and have got to the stage where I need to begin weight painting. I decided to keep the textures quite simple as I wanted to be able to complete a fully working character. I have looked into blend shapes myself and began trying out some to see what would happen, the video below shows some I created. Blend shapes are an easier way to create expressions of alter different parts of the body without having to rig it. Obviously you won't have the same amount of control over it as a rig however this seemed much simpler for me to achieve as I'm not sure how to go about rigging a whole face. Since then I have created a few more expressions and also have created controls so you are able to move the eyes around.

I'm still really learning things as I go so nothing really is going to be perfect, but I hope by doing this, when it comes to my second year at uni I will be able to create something to a higher standard and understand the process behind it better.



No comments:

Post a Comment